Howard University offers tuition rebates to qualified graduates for up to half of their tuition costs that were paid out of pocket for the Spring 2023 semester. The Tuition Rebate Program provides a great incentive for students to complete degree requirements and graduate on time.
Below are the eligibility requirements for the University’s 2023 Tuition Rebate Program:
- Must be graduating on time in four years (or early)
- Not receiving tuition remission, Howard University Freshman Scholarship or Athletic Scholarship; a student may qualify if scholarship(s) does not cover the full tuition amount
- Made direct payments (credit card, cash, checks, etc.) towards the Spring 2023 term (or the December 2022 term for December 2022 graduates)
- If students used any federal aid for Spring 2023, that amount is deducted from the tuition amount first before direct payments are considered (i.e., students using Parent Plus loan are ineligible if Plus loan covers full tuition amount)
- Undergraduate students only
- Transfer students not eligible
- Rebate is eligible for tuition charges only
An evaluation will be performed during the first week of June for 2023 graduates (Fall 2019 cohort). Please be advised that students who qualify for the Tuition Rebate will be directly notified via email (there is no application process for the Tuition Rebate Program). Once the Office of the Bursar has determined the eligible students, their information will be forwarded to the Office of Financial Aid for coding before the Bursar’s office processes the rebate to student accounts.