Federal Work Study (FWS) Program
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally sponsored program that enables eligible students to earn income through part-time employment with select organizations, including the university, local nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
Eligible students who complete the FAFSA and have demonstrated financial need are awarded FWS as part of their financial aid packages. The maximum award amount for an academic year is $5000. This amount may be smaller depending on financial need. Students tend to work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the academic year.
- Student must have an SAI of less than your COA (cost of attendance)
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (does not apply to incoming freshman)
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 or more credits)
- Must demonstrate financial need and have unmet need (room in budget)
- Complete the FWS Interest form