Howard University Need Based Grant is awarded to students with zero Expected Family Contribution and only disburses if a student is full-time (12 credit hours per semester); HU Need Based Grant is designed to match Pell award amounts
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must be Federal Pell Grant eligible with a zero Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Must be enrolled fulltime
Annual Award Amount
- Based on the Federal Pell Grant amount awarded with a zero Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
Note - It is a financial aid policy that students are not allowed to receive both a need-based HUFS award in addition to an HU NEEDY award.